Please read carefully to make sure you have re-enrolled correctly! Please feel free to call the office at (972) 596-0041, or email Ms Amber at firstname.lastname@example.org help at any time!
1. The re-enrollment deadline is next Friday, January 25th (the Wed. mail incorrectly stated the deadline as two days later)
2. Re-enrollment is submitted through Skyward. If you need your Skyward Login information, please let Ms. Amber know as soon as possible. You may also pick up a paper copy from the front desk and turn it in to the front office. (There is a “new student” application our website which is NOT the correct place for re-enrollment).
3. The front office must also have an updated current proof of residency (current school year utility bill, lease, mortgage payment, or current year tax form) submitted with the re-enrollment form. You can upload it into Skyward, or bring a copy to the front office.
4. If you miss the re-enrollment deadline and are wanting your student to attend our campus for the 2019-2020 school year, you will need to submit a “new student” application on our campus website. All “new student” applications must be submitted by February 10th in order to be considered for a lottery space for the 2019-2020 school year. If you submit a “new student” application after Feb 10th, your student will be placed on the wait list, after the applications that qualified to take place in the lottery.
You’re invited to take our website survey to find out if our website is meeting your needs. At Harmony, we want to be “in touch” with our community, so opening a feedback mechanism is a great way for you to participate in making decisions about the future of our work.
In this case, we need your valuable opinions on the design and overall usability of the site for our upcoming redesign.
It’s easy to take part in the survey and should take no longer than 5 minutes to complete!
All we ask is that you be open and honest and give us your feelings on the website.
You don’t have to be a graphic designer, communications specialist, or even a web-developer to give feedback, all we want is your opinion as a website user – this will help us improve our communications and give us a chance to hear your ideas too!
Click on the link below to take the survey immediately.
Digital Ecosystem Team
In accordance with the Texas State Plan for the Education of Gifted/Talented students, Harmony Public Schools will begin taking referrals for all interested students in grades K-12 for gifted and talented screening.
Anyone interested in the educational welfare of these students may nominate them for assessment. Students in grades 2 & up who were tested in the Fall 2018 are not eligible to test in Spring 2019. Referral forms are available at the front office and on the school’s web site.
The referral forms must be returned to the front office by Friday, February 8, 2019.
The 2019 Spring GT testing window is February 11, 2019 – March 29, 2019.
For more information about the screening and identification process, parents may contact the school’s GT Coach/teacher.
Posted is our updated policy for cancelling school. In past years, we have used our local ISD to cancel school. We will still use that as a factor, but our superintendent will ultimately make the final decision of whether to cancel school. Then we will notify staff and parents as quickly as possible. Have a great day!
Harmony Public Schools joins the country in mourning the loss of President George H.W. Bush, a leader known as the “education president” for his tireless devotion to America’s schoolchildren.
A statewide Day of Mourning has been declared by Texas Gov. Greg Abbott for Wednesday, Dec. 5, 2018, to allow Texans to pay their respects to President Bush. All Harmony Public School campuses will remain open and operating on their regular schedule on this date.
Here are events coming up!
– Quarter 1 ends this Friday. We will send report cards the next week. Students are taking their end of district tests this week.
– Make-up day for pictures is this Friday. Contact the front office for forms.
– October 17th is Bring your parents to Lunch day.
– Passport night is next Thursday, October 18th from 5-6:30.
– Fall Garden Day is Saturday, October 20th from 8-12 pm
– PTO’s Pumpkin carving contest begins now and they will be displayed in the libary; winners announced at the Fall Festival
– PTO’s Fall festival will be Friday, October 26, from 5-6:30
– Fall Parent Academy focusing on Reading is Wednesday, November 7th 5-6 pm
The open enrollment period for new Harmony Public Schools students is approaching fast.
Open Enrollment for campuses statewide begins Nov. 1 and continues through Feb. 10 for students wishing to enroll for the Fall 2019 semester.
What is Harmony?
Harmony Public Schools is a system of exceptional PreK-12 college-preparatory charter schools in Texas, specializing inScience, Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM).
Harmony has 56 schools in communities across Texas, including Houston, Dallas, San Antonio, Austin, El Paso and in neighborhoods everywhere in between. Click here to find a campus near you.
What comes with a Harmony Public Schools education?
The Harmony Public Schools system is frequently recognized as one of the best school systems in Texas for its well-rounded curriculum with a special emphasis on STEM education.
In 2018, six of districts received ‘A’ ratings from the Texas Education Agency on its annual state accountability ratings. The TEA also found that all of Harmony’s campuses earned a “Met Standard” rating in its 2018 STARR testing.
Harmony also has a 100 percent college acceptance rate system-wide among our graduating seniors.
What is our enrollment process?
Open enrollment for Harmony Public Schools statewide begins Nov. 1 and continues through Feb. 10. Our application and instructions for submission can be found online or at any of our campus offices. In the event the number of qualified applicants exceeds the maximum enrollment at any campus, a lottery is held at the end of February to fairly fill the available openings.
Find out more …
To find out more about our admissions process, including information about selection process and required application materials, please visit harmonytx.org/admissions.php
Harmony Public Schools is seeking dedicated Bilingual and ESL teachers. A Bachelor’s degree in a directly related field and Texas teacher certification are required. If interested, please use our online application at www.harmonytx.org.
Schedule your home visit today!
We as Harmony teachers would like to visit our parents at home to build relationship, unity, and trust between parent teachers and students. We would like to talk about your child’s future, upcoming events and highlight some important part of education for 15-20 minutes. Please fill out the form below. Thank you!
HSA DALLAS VISITA A CASA
Nosotros como profesores nos gustaría visitar su hogar, para construir una relación, unidad y de confianza entre los maestros y los estudiantes. Así también nos gustaría hablar sobre el futuro de su hijo, de los próximos eventos y destacar algunos aspectos importantes sobre la educación solo durante 15-20 minutos. Por favor, complete el siguiente formulario. Gracias
Every Campus Received a “Met Standard” Rating!
The Seven Harmony Districts Received six “A”s and one “B” Rating:
We are excited to share the good news that 4th grade Mikaeel Khan has been awarded a prestigious award from NASA for his team project Spaceberg. Each year, NASA holds their Ames Space Settlement contest for students, which asks students to design a sustainable living space that orbits the Earth.
Out of 2,500 submissions and 10,000 students, Mikaeel and his group were awarded first prize for students Grade 7 and younger. Mikaeel will travel to Los Angeles in May to accept his award. Great job Mikaeel!